Cochabamba, Bolivia Temple

Cochabamba, Bolivia Temple

Monday, December 8, 2014

Letter (Monday, December 8)

Hurray for another chance to write home! Evidently, ya'll still want more information, so I'll go ahead and try to share what you want to know. If I still don't explain what you want to know, please email me and I'll explain a little bit more.
First off, a little about my companion, Elder Guzmán. He is from Perú and is exceptionally taller than I am, probably over 6ft. He has 10 months in the mission, most of the time being spent outside the city. He is humorous and helpful, another great companion. He can speak English, but not very well, because his father speaks English and taught him a thing or two.
We got a new investigator this week, in a very strange way actually. As we were returning home, we were stopped by a woman and called us over to speak to us. As it turns out, her sister lost her new-born child recently and wants to find comfort in religion. Also, she has had many difficulties in her family as well, having lost her brother and father in an accident. So, we gave her the Plan of Salvation pamphlet, took a appointment, and headed home. Plus, she attended church with us, so I think she will find great joy and peace. (Claudia Guerrero)
We were informed Tuesday night that Wednesday we had interviews with the president, and Elder Guzmán had immigration paperwork to do at 6. Unfortunately, we were in an intercambio (transfer), so we had to get up at 4, walk for over an hour, then quickly get ready to head over to the immigration place thingy. After this, we headed over to the mission office so we could be ready for our interviews, which were supposed to take place at 11:45. We got our interviews just before 4 and left to eat dinner. So, not much done this day.
The rest of the week was pretty normal, except for Saturday where we didn't do much again because of Missionary correlation and ward council meetings combined with eating with members taking up the entire day, practically.
So twice this week we have had lessions (lessons?) until 9 at night, with our curfew being no later than 9:30 or we get struck by lightning for living in apostasía (apostasy). To make things super fun, both nights we were probably 1.5-2 miles away from our house, and the bus that passes by our house doesn't pass by where we were. So, we walked (since we're not supposed to run) like mad, and luckily we made it home on time both days, granted with a little bit of pain. But hey, pain is better than death.
With love,
Elder Yates

No comments:

Post a Comment