Cochabamba, Bolivia Temple

Cochabamba, Bolivia Temple

Monday, March 30, 2015

New Cambio (transfer)

Well, a new cambio (transfer) has begun with a milagro. (miracle)  Not only do I continue in the best area, but I even managed to keep my companion for more than one transfer. As of right now, we have yet to move or establish a day to move as the supossed plan to receive more missionaries in Los Pinos didn't pass. We're still looking to move, but we just don't know when...
 
Anyway, this week has been kind of dull as the upcoming elections interfered a lot with us missionaries. We did manage to walk around a bunch though; keeping that shape in form! Plus another companionship went and bought some Bolivian weights to lift and get swoll, so we might be able to get a little bit of muscle before we leave the house.
Some else from this new cambio, the Lord obviously thought to right to put me as a District Leader again, so woohoo for that. I got introduced real well the morning the Zone Meeting this past Friday when I was told that I had to lead and give a little lesson since the Zone Leaders were still running around everywhere to get people where they needed to be. The good news is that Elder Fleming returned from his exile to Cobija to work in the mission office (heh heh) and also became part of our district.
 
As I mentioned earlier, there were elections this Sunday and, because of the laws, we couldn't do much of anything. In fact, we got locked up in the house starting Saturday in the afternoon until this morning. I didn't take any pictures this time (sorry) but all we really did was play fútbol, read scriptures, nap, and talk. We actually talked a whole bunch, for the majority of Sunday I think.
 
As a little side note, a little interesting custom here is that the candidates and their parties give out shirts to the general public, in what I'm pretty sure is a way to try to win votes and gain support. Not entirely sure how legal it would be in the States, but it's highly popular here. As a netual group, us missionaries can't get involved in anyway. (I may have gotten a few free shirts though...)
 
*****(a couple "under the table" pictures)*****




Sorry that this letter is a little shorter than my last epistle, but really most of the week was consumed in moving around Elders and waiting out elections. Super Fun.
 
Mucho amor,
Elder Yates
 
Pictures:
At work for some religious school

The "lake" in our area
 

No comments:

Post a Comment